Sunday, August 24, 2008

Definitely, Maybe

Life always has a way of giving us a second chance. Look at what a second chance did for our Indian wrestler, Sushil Kumar. After loosing his first round bout he was given a second chance and he went on to win the bronze medal at the Olympics.

Second chances are all about redeeming ourselves and avoid repeating the same mistakes. Taking another stab at life. I know I have had my own share in love, but somehow blundered it up initially but I guess I got it right now.

A couple of minutes a go watched the movie Definitely, Maybe, about man on the cusp of a divorce, spending time with his daughter who just had her sex-ed class, and curious to know how he met her mother. So he creates a story about his three loves of his life, changing their names, and all the heartbreak he goes through. For the daughter this is not only a love mystery game of which one of her father's lady love is mother, but finding out about love and its complications, and most of all her father. For him it's a realisation about love and what was there in front of him and with him the whole time.

Many a time we are searching for love when love has always been right in front of us, staring us in the face. Love been our confidante, our friend, but we always turned a blind eye towards it or didn't realise or may even deny it. Love is all about the friend that you care, about the one you cannot live without, about the one you want to spend the rest of your life with. The one you unintentionally hurt and then feel like a dog-gone wretch about it. Love is your best friend. I know I found love and love is my best friend, the one I cannot do with you.

P.S. I was really surprised to see Ryan Reynolds act in a mature way (for a person normally associate with screw-ball comedy). And I am definitely falling in love with Abigail Breslin with each movie of hers that I see.

So am I in Love
Definitely, Maybe

No comments: