Saturday, September 13, 2008

Mamma Mia!

There are movies that so campy and corny that it makes you squirm. And then there are movie, though corny and campy, but you can't help but smile after watching them. Mamma Mia! falls in the later category. Ya the movie may seem crappy at time and not all are ABBA fans, but then at the end of the day the movie entertained and put a smile on my face. It also gave me a chance to hear my favorite ABBA songs on the big screen, after all I have grown up listening to them and I must admit I do love them a lot. It was great idea of having the lyrics appear on screen so you could sing along. And what more it took you on Greek holiday with gorgeous scenery and gorgeous eye candy. The songs played their part in moving the story ahead but at time you felt there were one too many...but hey whose complaining, I was singing along my favourite songs :) Loved the way the songs were placed in the movie and how they were picturized. The way the winner takes it all (Pierce Brosnan and Meryll Streep), Lay all you love on me (Domnic Cooper and Amanda Syfried), DAncing Queen (Meryll Streep, Krstin Branski, Julie Walters) was done.

Meryll Streepo was always great actress and now it proves she can sing too and act as well as she can. Domnic Cooper and Amanda Syfried sizzle and look hot and Amanda Syfried got some pipes there. Though the songs in the closing credit seemed a bit over the top, they were fun.

At the end of the day couldn't help but stay back humming Thank you for the music while the end credits rolled, because that's what the movie was all about :)

No comments: