Friday, January 23, 2015

Spirit of Mumbai

On 18th of Jan I witnessed the Spirit or Mumbai in all it regality. The spirit on full display for everyone to see and witness. People lining the roads, egging the runners on, cheering them, pushing them, giving them the nudge to make it over that finish line. It didn't matter who you are. Whether  you are someone they know, their family member, or a total stranger, Mumbaikar cheered on, held placards, offered water, snacks and encouragements. And we runners did our part. Appreciated them, gave them the thumbs, applauded their encouragement, but importantly soaked ourselves in this spirit and moved on,  striding mightly. Mumbai is a city that had to rebounded numerous times from riots and bomb blasts. But to see this true spirit is a very uplifting experience.

I distinctly remember this ine placard that said "Run stranger I cgeer for you." This made want to say that I am no stranger, I am a Mumbaikar just like you.

No comments: