Thursday, May 17, 2018

When I kissed the Teacher

I was having one of those days where nothing seemed to go my way. I just wanted to go and crawl into a ball, and hide away, to wake to what seemed like a bad dream. Just then the bell rang and he walked into the classroom, and I knew that everything would change soon.

I Don’t know why but I began to swoon, lighted and giddy, feeling like a fool. Maybe it was the way the sunlight fell on his or just that I had harboured a major crush on the man with that face. Nothing seemed to reach me when he began to teach. All I could do is sit and stare at that face that visited me a thousand times in my dreams. I didn’t mind that I learned nothing, or I was in class full of students, in that moment it was just him and me, we had an eternal connection.

And when he asked us to solve a problem, all I could do is stare blankly at those words on the page, for words made no sense to me. I just sat there not knowing what to do, feeling like quite the fool.

Suddenly I felt a familiar presence. He stood next to asking me what happened  and offered his guidance. His mere presence, next to me, put it me in trance. His fragrance, his scent, intoxicated my senses, making me high, making me drunk by mere presence. I knew it was now or never, I would never get a chance like this. What happened next was not very clear, my brain fogged, the moment was a blur. As he bended over to explain, I leant forward and just kissed him, in plain sight.

In that moment, the whole class went quiet. You could hear a pin drop if a pin have dropped that very moment. The class were stunned, they did not know  what to do, they had never seen the teacher blush, he looked quite the fool. I just sat there with bathed breath, not sure how react. I just held my breath waiting for him to react. My world just came to a still, I reprimanded myself for acting like a crazy fool.

Low and behold he finally did smile, bringing a sense of relief, I let out a sigh. My friends cheered and the whole screamed. They seem to be rooting for me cause I managed to pull a fast one and realised what I had just done. I felt like I was on seventh heaven, it all felt like a dream. I knew I needed to tell how I did feel, and tell him that he had been in dreams.

Then suddenly I felt a whack at the back of my head, bringing me back to my sense, making realise it was only just dream. My class laughed and teased as I stood looking quite dumb, as teacher scolded me for day dreaming like a sill bum. But all this didn’t matter to me, cause I had kissed teacher, even if it was just in my dreams.

No comments: