Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Life... Oh Life!

Dear life!
I may never truly understand 
Why you seem cruel and unkind!
Never truly realising your ways
Never fathoming your reason
For being this way!

What I do know 
Is that in every lemon thrown at me
You’re teaching me to duck and dodge
Or even make the most of
The situation I may find myself in
To make a glass of cool lemonade 
Or have a shot of tequila 
And raise a toast to you

You may give me a hard time
Or even test my limits at times
Not because you have it in for me
Or want to show me small and incapable
But you show me that life ain’t always
Sunshine and roses
There’s bound to be some rain sometime 
And I have it in me to make through
No matter what the weather may be

And through it all
You show me how capable I can be
Cause through the rough time, 
Through the hard time
You try and make me stronger
Show me that I can face anything
That’s thrown at me
Capable of soaring beyond my limits
Be best that I can be
Cause when the going gets tough 
The tough gets stronger!

Through the highs and lows
The ups and downs, 
Through all the twists and turns
You give me the tools to navigate through
To make it through 
On the path I’ve set myself on
To enjoy every moment
Of the journey I find myself on
You may not always let me have my way
Cause you know better
That what I want 
May not always be what I need!

In the end you help me be
The one that I was meant to be
Accepting me even when
The world may not get me
Not necessarily who I want to be
Giving what’s best for me
Though I may never see this
And crib, curse and cry
Never truly fathoming your way
You’re still patient with me!

For the friends and family
I will always be grateful to you
For the ones I am born into 
And the bonds I form along the way
People who will never let me be alone
Who I will always find by my side
And though I may think I am all by myself
Forever there’s someone there for me
Who will stand with me
And though I may not truly see
Will always care for me
No matter what, how, when or where
Or even who I am!

For this I shall always be grateful to you
Indebted to you for what you’ve given me
Cause though I may see you 
As a tough teacher
You always know what’s best for me
Help me become who I am meant to be!
And for this I Thank Thee!


No comments: