Sunday, January 24, 2021

In the Shadows... No More


I don’t stand in the shadow
I refuse to see the world in black and white
II wish to see the world in its true colours
I shine in the light of my own
Not to be overshadowed by others
Never to overshadow others
I am not afraid to be seen for who I am
Cause this is who I am... this is me
Imperfect and broken, perfectly imperfect 
Constantly learning
Constantly adapting 
Constantly growing
I am only human, and I have my missteps
But I learn from my mistakes
I learn from my experiences
Giving respect where respect is due
Marching to the beats of my own drum
Never taking credit that’s not mine
Giving credit where credit is due
And letting what I do speak for itself
I refuse to stand in the shadows
I stand in the light my own!!!!
.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Definitely tells a lot about your growth as a person :) Inspirational!