Tuesday, July 13, 2021

How wish you could see me now!


Oh how I wished they could see me now

But I wonder what they would say

For all the names they called me

Left an indelible impression on me

They mocked me and teased 

And called me all sort of names

About the way I walked

About the way I talked

About the way I behaved

They even said I had tongue like a woman

That left me hurt instead

Especially when you aren’t picked to read

At your own communion 

Because you have a speech problem

Sometimes you just wanted hide

Block your ears and shut your eyes

The taunting you couldn’t take more

You wish it all would end

But i am glad I braved through it all

Otherwise I wouldn’t be able 

To stand proud an tall

Cause the boy you made fun of

Is now a handsome strapping man

And though I may not be rich

Or even married with kids

I am happy to be who I am 

Even I am almost 42 years 

There’s so much I’ve achieved

But that’s just the tip of the iceberg 

There’s no telling what I can achieve

I got health and decent look

Someone to love me

I know that I am the better man

To the ones who’ve overlooked me

How I you could see me right now

And how happy I can be 

But then it would be burn you heart

And make you jealous of me!


No comments: