Saturday, October 02, 2021

Said I Love You… But I lied

I said I love you… but I lied

Cause these three words 

Doesn’t quite measure up 

To what you mean to me 

The feeling I have for you inside


I have lied to you

Every time I have said I love you

Because you deserve way more than love

You someone way better than me

But you chose me and I have chosen you


It’s a lie that I love you

Cause if the past few day is any proof

What we mean to each other 

Is way deeper than  that 

Way greater than words


To say I love you is a lie

Cause even though our differences 

May come in our way

May try to draw a wedge between us

But like the opposite poles of a magnet

We are drawn to each other 


I may love you but it’s a lie

Cause we are still learning 

How to work with our differences 

How to live with them

And not let them break us

Cause like a moth to a flame

I am drawn to you


I said I love you but I lied

Cause this is more than love

That I feel for you inside 

Said I love you but I lied

Cause love can never be so strong inside

Said I love you but I lied



No comments: