Sunday, November 13, 2022

I’m Never Gonna Not Dance Again!!!

I may not be the best dancer

I may not have the best moves

But the moment I lace up dancing shoes

I become a whole different person 

Who can dance to the groove

I no longer have two left feet

And like everyone I have just one

Though I really don’t think I even had two

When it comes to dancing

Though I know I don’t always 

Dance to the beats

Or even keeping count 

But when the music begins 

I let it take over me

Letting my cares fade away

And even though 

I may not be the best dancer

In my head I’m dancing better than the best

Cause  no one can take the dance away

Dancing is my happy place

A place where I go to when I feel low

To escape the care that trouble me

And express myself through movement

That I best know

Dance it not just my idea of fun

It’s my expression of joy

It’s my expression of passion and pain

It’s my ME time

It’s what keeps my anxiety at bay

Where I can be self all again

And read and smile again

So I may not always keep on beat

Or give the best or right leads

But no one can take the dancing from me

And even in the lockdown

When world was all behind close doors

And no partner around

Somehow dance found its way to me

So you there’s no not dancing for me

Cause as soon as I hear the music

Like Tracy Turnblad 

You can’t stop my dancing feet 

Cause they just won’t stand still

So come what may

No matter what

I am never gonna not dance again!!!



No comments: