Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Salsa in the Train

Well It's back to work after a long weekend, especially extended as I took leave on Friday. Well the weekend was pretty eventful. The Miss World competition, weddings, dandiya/garba in the rain, finall caught Omkara (which btw is brilliant). But the highlight was actually doing Salsa in the train. Well my friend Sangeeta was making a documentary of Salsa in Mumbai and she wanted to show people doing Salsa at different place. Well she roped me in and asked me to meet her at Andheri station. Well when she eventually dropped the bomb on me. ME and Rhema (my other friend), actuall did a bit of Salsa in the first class compartment. We did have a bit of an audience who were watching us and curious to know what was going on. Well thanks to shows like Jahlak Dikla Ja they were a bit a ware of Latin dancing. Well the experience of dancing in a train was definitely un-nerving and scary and a bit embarassing. But in the end glad I did it. IT actually gives me something unique to share with others.

No comments: