Sunday, January 28, 2007

Innocence of Children

While attending mass this Sunday happened to hear a small girl sing the Alleulia. She must be just over a year old or may be two. Though she was off key (well you don't expect a two year old to be on key) there was something beautiful about the way she sang. There was the innocence in her voice, she may not have know the meaning of words of the wing, but yet she sang it. Defnitely she must have caught the attention of the people sitting next to her, if not she definitely caught my attention. There was something wonderful and fascinating about her as she sat on her grandmother's lap (who I assume is). WEll really admire her, when I myself was stuggling with my singing voice.

WEll for the 26th January, my Godchild Clyde's building had a Fancy Dress competition. His mom sent him as Nemo (the fish character from Finding Nemo) and made him say the Hindi poetry Machli Jal Ki Rani Hain. Well he managed to get a second prize in his age group (0-5). Well yesterday his mom made him say the poetry on the phone. And trust me he said it beautifully and every line (may not be too clearly) But he said the entire poetry. Mind you this little guy is just 3 and half year old and its a big deal for him to say this poetry on stage and comepete with children older than him and manage to win a prize. It was really sweet and prud moment for me to hear him on the phone.

WEll these two incident made me long for their innocence, their purity of mind and beliefs. Made me long to return back to my very own childhood. Made me want to have children of my own.

No comments: