Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Tare Zameen Pe

Every body who is anybody seems to be raving and talking about Aamir Khan's maiden directorial Tare Zameen Pe. So I tried catching a bit of this movie the other day. Firstly I must admit about watching the movie on the pirated CD :(. But then nowdays with ticket price being quite steep and the quality of movie coming out being quite pathetic (especially the hindi movie scene) I think its better watching films on pirated copies than spending money in theater.

Anyway this blog is not about me watching pirated DVDs. Well didn't exactly watch the entire movie as I was trying to catch some sleep after spending the night at the hospital. My first impresion about the movie (and also could be the my prior openion) that the movie was too slow for my liking. It did throw light on plight of students and so called rat race we are trained for right from the beginning.

In a way could identify with the world Eshan created for himself. His universe, the things he liked to do. I can in a way realted to his feeling when he was threatened to be put in a boarding school. For a person who had to face threat from family I can understand what the child must be going through. Watching these scene were like reliving all these emmotion again. Reliving the days use felt that your family didn't want you. Well then boarding life changed a lot of things for me and in way made who I am right now.

But onething I didn't like about the movie was the way teachers were portrayed. Teachers are not necessarily the kind of people as portrayed in the feelings. There maybe teachers who are like the ones in the film but they are not all the time like that. This seems like a stereotypical view of a teacher.

Also somehow beside the boarding bit couldn't quite relate to Eshaan. Maybe because I am not dyslexic I wouldn't understand what he must be going through. But yes seenighis fights with the neighbourhood boys and then parent coming to complain about it so reminded me about my childhood days :)

Anyway didn't watch the end of the movie as I had to run to the gym for my workout so didn't watch the entire movie. Heard Aamir's charcter get's all preachy with the parents in the end.

well hope this movie does suceed in throwing light on the plight that we grown upsput on our children (though I have none as of yet).

No comments: