Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Lives

Many time in life we come across lines, saying, dialogues, that are really meaningful or sums what we feel on a particular points. This could be as simple as a verse from the Bible or Gita or the Quran. Or it could be a dialogue from your favourite movie.

The folowing dialogue from the movie Shall We Dance sums up a lot of thing what I mean for my life partner. Something thatreflects what it means to be married and care for each other.

We need a witness to our lives. There's a billion people on the planet... I mean, what does any one life really mean? But in a marriage, you're promising to care about everything. The good things, the bad things, the terrible things, the mundane things... all of it, all of the time, every day. You're saying 'Your life will not go unnoticed because I will notice it. Your life will not go un-witnessed because I will be your witness'."


No comments: