Saturday, May 24, 2008

Getting Mobile

I was never too inclined to learn to ride or want to ride. Call it my lack enthusiasm for biking, lack of opportunity, my sisters never trusted me with their bikes, and I felt that i wasn't financially in a position to invest in one. But that all changed. Since shifting to Pune 10 months ago. It seemed like my foot revolted against me for all the time I made them walk. So finally purchased a scooty. Been riding it around Koregaon Park, initially just South Main road to build my confidence but have begun tackle the main roads on it traffic. Ziegler was right when he said that riding would help build my confidence. It does feel great riding for a change rather than being a pillion. So now to legally ride it around town I would require a Learner's Licence. So I found myself at the RTO office at Sangam Bridge to get my learner's licence. The verification was a bit scary because I didn't have a proper proof to prove my residency in Pune (after all me Mumbaikar) but then made it through it. Then came the other part of the procedure, taking your picture, thumb impression and your signature. I am afraid they put my old Mumbai address on it (pointed it shouldn't matter). Then came to the test, something that I wasn't prepared for but something that I aced, that is got a 10 out of 10 (though I doubted that I would even pass) without any one's help.

So finally got my licence, even if it just a learner's. So I know I am going to be back there for my permanent licence to ride :)

No comments: