Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Honey and ME

The other day was reading an article in the Men's Health magazine which talked about the having dogs as pets and how they help us human in more than way and how they love unconditionally. Reading this article took me back when Honey formed a major part of my life.

They say dog love is unconditional and honey proved just that. The love that I got from her I probably would never get it from anyone else. She meant a lot to me, because she companion through the happy times and sad times. Someone who I was really overprotective about. I considered her to be my baby. Took her for her walks, to the vet for her shots, stayed awake with her the whole night when she was not well, gave her medicine and bath. But no way could my love away measure up to what I used to get from her. The excitement she showed when we got home, her scratching at the door trying to open it quickly (which I left as remembrance of her). I know that she loved my whole family, especially my mom, because she was the one who looked after her when we were out at work. When dad expired she sat with my mom next to my dad's coffin after seeing my dad's body. People used to call her mom's daughter. She was very fond of my dad too. After her initial barking she got very attached to my dad, would never leave his side. This led to people teasing my dad that Mally has a little dog. She would just go where he was. If he was standing outside house she would run out and put her paws on his big belly and make my carry her and stand with her, like a little baby. when dad returned back to Dubai, she would go around searching for him. Even when we got his body she came running into the house put her paws on the coffin had a look at his lifeless body and went and sat with my mom.

Honey had this smart trick when she wanted someone to take her down. She would go and whine in front of my grandad as if to complain that these people are not taking her down, you tell them. She was pretty smart in this way. She knew which car in the parking lot belonged to my sister or where the car is parked. She was the first to enjoy a drive in the car when my sis first go it. She also had good memory. She hated anyone who had a dog, barring my best friend's family because they had brought her up as a pup. She was very fond of them and they of her. Initially she wasn't fond of children and used to get totally jealous when my mom used to carry any kid. But then over the year she mellowed. So by the time my god child Jayden was born she totally ignored him and let him play with her. She used to let children in the society take her for walks in the garden and play with her. So much so she became more known than any of my family member.

I loved her lot probably more than I ever loved anyone in this world. I cried like a baby when she passed away peacefully in her sleep between my mom and sis. I cried bitterly when we cremated her. This made my mom remark that he didn't cry that much when his dad died that he cried for Honey. Though she is no longer with us she is always a part of mind. Someone I loved a lot.

No comments: