Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Rejection and then the Dejections

Recently I had to appear for an interview for my visa for the US. Unfortunately due to some stupidly answered questions and a terrible interviewer (at least I can call him that on my blog) I got my application REJECTED. What followed was a fall into the pits of depressions and unending sulking.

A dear friend tried to cheer me up by being at my side the entire day, even trying to irritate me to distract my mind. But somehow the rejection hasn't left my head. I wanted to be an ostrich and bury my head in the sand because I couldn't take it facing the world. I think I am being a bit over dramatical over here. But on the general wanted to avoid people and couldn't get myself to eat (I guess by then people kind of realised something was wrong as I don't refuse not to eat).

I've kept telling myself what a whole bunching of well wisher have been telling me that things happens and happens for the best. Take this whole thing as an experience, accept the good and the bad parts, take it with a pinch of salt, and the whole damn thing. But I guess they must be glad they weren't in my really uncomfortable shoes (boy how the hurt).

It's not easy to climb back from the pits of depressions. Even the three pairs of Mynas that have seen today doesn't seem to be helping :(

Anyway that's life with all its ups and downs and then further downs. We need to accept it and move forward. Accept the moving forward is not an easy task especially when things refuse to vacate the spaces in your mind.

Let see what the future holds and just hope for the best.

P.S. To all my dear sweethearts THANK YOU for all you have done to get me out of things. And to that one Sp person THANK YOU...what would I be with you :)

No comments: