Monday, August 20, 2012

Why Hindi Television

I just can't stand them, I just hate them. If you need to torture me you can make me watch them. They make me want to pull my hair out.

The amazing thing is Indian television has regressed over the years. From the over-the-top characters and storylines. None of the shows have anything new to offer just new levels of regressiveness. With all the time leaps each show take I am afraid for the future. At the same time I am surprised that feminist haven't protested considering the way they are portrayed.

All these shows are so moralistic that there is less humour and more moral science lessons. The caharcters are so bad that the moment they talk you feel like someone dragging their nails across the board. There is  a certain lady who many think is humourous I think she is a plain irritation. Hate the idea of regionalism, religion and casteism being the centre of every show.

Even the reality shows are less real and more manipulations of tears and stupidity. Everything is so steeped in Hindi Cinema that everything feels like a copy and unorginal. You question the judging ability of the so called judges especially if they seriously know their stuff. The choreography and singing suck but nothing more than the judge's comment that is neither critical nor constructive. These shows become more about the celebrities and the movies that they promote and less about the dancing or singing.

Hate the children that appear they so sweet that they can make you sick from their sweetness. They talk too much and behave and do stuff that too much for their ages.

They amazing thing I liked Indian television from my growing up days. They were good and not manipulative and religion didn't play main role. How I wish television rolled back.

No comments: