Sunday, December 17, 2017

When He Ran with She

As individuals, we our strong, we have our strengths. But when we come together, we can do so much better.

Running always brings a kind of joy, a child like glee to the heart. But when you run for others, with others, there’s a whole different kind of happiness that comes over you.

I believe that as individuals we are strong, whether woman or man, but when we join forces there’s so much we can do, there’s so much we push each other to do, to achieve greater heights. Running with my buddy Pooja did just that.

It not that she or any of the ladies running the event needed a Male Pacer. I know for a fact that Pooja is a strong runner and capable of great things. I believe that every women who ran today, inspire, by the very act of of getting up to run, you have inspired countless of women, and even men, out there who need to live an active life style. So whether you are mother, wife, daughter, sister, lover... you inspire.

What I learnt from the run is that we both needed each other’s support throughout the run to breakdown mental barriers, to keep going. Having each other’s company helped and pushed each other. So I was able to get over my sorenesses that has plagued me the past several weeks and the give vent to to emotions I needed to release, and Pooja was able to push when her pace dropped, someone to keep her going. So we both needed each other, and together we did awesome.

Ok, so we didn’t get the timing we targeted for, but we sure had one hell of a run. I really hoped Pooja didn’t my craziness, which at time lead me to sing (in my croaking voice) and even mix up Christmas carols and make bad version of running carols.

So the weather was delightful and the run wasn’t frightful, as long as we maintained our pace, we got third, we got third, we got third (see bad, mad version of a carol).

So in the end was delighted and honoured and privileged to run with Pooja and to get a podium. And through her podium finish, got my podium experience. So it was nice way to end the racing year. Thank you buddy for the experience, and thank you to all the countless women who ran today, who run everyday.

Together we indeed did much more.

No comments: