Friday, April 05, 2019

I’ve go the Music in ME

As I listen to my music 
I get lost in it
I Want to dance right there
Not bothering anyone would care
Cause I really don’t 
I want to walk in step with the beat
Strutting my stuff down the street
If I had the stuff to strut 
Strutting like a peacock would

I want to walk to the beat
Little hop, a little skip
One step, two steps
A quick step a shuffle
To put the cares of the day behind me
Cause the music does that to me
The rhythm flows like a current in me

I jut want to sway and hum
Sing every word 
Not just mime it
I don’t care what other think
Or say that I croak
I want to be lost in the music
Forget all my cares
Live the words
Live every beat

I just want sway and twirl
A right turn, a left turn
A rounde and a cha cha 
If I ever knew how to do it
Want to move like a Latin dancer
Cause baby these hips don’t lie
And I know have rhythm 
And no two left feet
Definitely not like a stripper
But not really bad at it

I want to kick and flicks
To jive like a crazy fool
Do the Charleston 
Do the Carlton 
To waltz through the day
But never really smooth
I want to trot like the fox
And jitter like a bug
This boy wants to have some fun

People may think of me weird
And those who happen to see me
May take me to be a fool
But they don’t know 
They may never feel
The joy that I feel
The joy that music brings
The joy that dance brings
I don’t really need to know the steps 
Cause I’ve got the music in me 
And rhythm in my soul

No comments: