Tuesday, April 16, 2019

The Road... The Word... The Boy

On the road is where I’m most home
In the words is where I find myself
Two things that always help me
To make it through the highs and lows 
That is the life we live
The life I live

The road will never let me go
Always at my feet
Like a loyal friend
Always by my side 
Telling me it will always be there for me
No matter who I meet or
No matter where I may go

Words let’s me express myself
Express the feelings that I feel
That resides deep with the recesses of me
That would otherwise be suppressed 
Away from the prying eyes 
Not for all to see 
Just for me to feel

The road lets me take all the hurt I feel 
All my pains, frustrations and disappointments 
All of my silly insecurities 
All my mundane worries and cares
To mix into a potent ball
Lay it all at my feet
To set it on fire, fuelling me on
To get over the hopelessness I feel

Words let’s me say the things
 I wouldn’t dare to say 
What I wouldn’t find the courage to say
To express myself, to express who I am
Give a glimpse into my psyche 
To give vent to all that’s bottled inside me
To say the things I need to say
To lay myself out bare
In the words I write

The road is endless
It goes on and on
Always at my feet 
no matter where I may go
No matter what becomes of me
It will always be there for me
The ground beneath my feet
Challenging me, urging me
Always believing in me
No matter how I feel about me

The road lets me forget my cares, my sorrows
Every setbacks, every heartaches
It forces me lay it there
Forcing me to let go
Forcing me to move on
Not be stuck in one place 
But keep moving
Least I should be left behind
While the world would have moved on

No matter where I go
Over land or sea or shore 
I shall have a road beneath my feet
A word in my heart
Always a part of me
The road, the word, the boy


No comments: