Wednesday, June 12, 2019

ME

Don’t say you know me
If you haven’t run 
A few miles in my shoes
If you haven’t been 
To the places I have been
Seen the things I have seen

Don’t say you can read me
If you haven’t felt the pain I’ve felt
If you haven’t experienced my 
My joys and sorrows
If you haven’t ridden the roller coaster 
That I have been on
Riding the highs and low of life

Don’t say you know me
If you haven’t felt my fears
If you haven’t experienced my anxiety
The things that stress me
That leaves in tears
The heartbreaks and heartaches
The cold loneliness 
If you haven’t seen me at my lowest
Ans base your assumptions 
Just on what you see

Don’t say you can see through me
If you haven’t felt the darkness I’ve felt
If you haven’t felt the confusion I’ve felt
If you haven’t been through 
The struggles that I have gone through
the conflicts that make me loose my mind
That drive me crazy 

Don’t say you know my life
If you haven’t seen me hurt
Haven’t heard me cry in anguish
Don’t claim you know my life
If you don’t know where I am coming from
If you don’t know where I am going to
Cause that something i don’t know
So how would you know

Don’t say I am an open book
If you don’t know my inner secrets
The demons that I hold at bay
The fears that’s keeps me awake
The dark places I have been in

Don’t call me imperfect 
If you haven’t seen my scars
And know how the reason 
Behind their existence 
If you don’t know the reason
For my brokenness
Cause i am way more deeper
And not shallow 
As you assume me to be

You don’t know who I am
Cause I myself don’t know this ME
Someone I am discovering everyday 
Someone evolving every step of the way
Someone being influenced 
Being moulded and shaped 
With every experience 
So if I don’t know this ME
How can you claim to know ME

No comments: