Sunday, May 10, 2020

Love in the time of Quarantine

We found ourselves in a strange time
In a strange time we found each other
While the world around was social distancing 
It was social networking that brought us together 
We were out there
With not much of a clue about the other 
But destiny conspired 
And social media obliged
A simple comment lead to conversation 
A conversation lead to sharing
Sharing lead to a bond 
And that bond only got stronger 

We bore our soul to each other
Narrated our past
The events of our present
And what we expected from the future 
We exposed our very being
Till there were nothing much to share
To souls laying, almost naked to each other
We poured our hearts out
Exposed scars and wounds
That we hid from the world 
Cause we didn’t want anyone to see
But we were comfortable to share it
We found a comfort level in each other 
And became comfortable with each other 

Though it may feel strange the way we found each other
Especially when considering we were healing 
From our own respective wounds
From our self inflicted scars
But we came into each other’s lives
Like a dawn in the darkest of night
A breath of fresh air in this strange, strange situation

I’ve had this feeling before
But it still feels new, feels different, feels beautiful, feels strong 
And though there may have been fears 
There have been doubts
And in my silliest of lows 
I’ve tried to push out
But the truth is I can’t bare a day without talking or seeing you

Sometimes I fear that I’ll take you for granted
And you’ll get fed up of my idiotic ways
And just give up on me
But you calmed me down and brushed away my anxiety
Helped me to be rationale and not an overthinker 
You brought calm to an overthinking mind
You gave me love, showed me love
That I had given up on
That I didn’t feel I deserved 
And through all my fears
I couldn’t help myself from falling for you

And I couldn’t hold myself back 
From saying those three words to you
Cause it encapsulated what I felt for you
What you meant to me
I did question myself about it
My mind tried to rationalise with my heart 
But then my heart won the debate
And when I said those words to you
It felt like a weight lifted off my chest
My whole world going from monochrome to technicolor 
And when you said it back to me
You lit my life with a million watts bulb
Banishing the darkness of fear and doubt 
That had engulfed my heart

Though people may scoff at us
Say we are going too fast 
And I myself may have questioned myself  
But it felt so good 
It felt so right
It felt like the right thing to do
And then, as they say, rest of it is history 
And now can’t live a single moment 
Without thinking about you
Can’t t think of a future without you in it

My feeling for you are real
My feeling for you is true
They are genuine
From a place deep within
And I know you feel the same way too
I love you for who you are
Who you will be
And how we are when we are together
And though there maybe distance between us 
I feel you all around me
Your love envelopes me
Makes me feel safe and secure

I promise you this
I’ll be there for you
Like I know you’ll be there for me
Through the ups and downs
In the good times and the bad 
In sickness and in health 
In life, death and beyond
You can lean on me, as I lean on you
You are my love, my heart, my life
The love of my life
I love you forever and always
Till my very last breath
I love you and will always love you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I must say that it's the luckiest person on earth. You both sound so much in love. Touchwood