Monday, May 11, 2020

Of Mothers...

Of Mothers, I have three

Though not all of them have birthed me

Or carried me in their wombs

But I am blessed as a man can be

Cause I don’t think it’s a criteria

For a woman to be called a Mother

Must be that she’s the one 

Who has given birth to you

So I am blessed that I have had three wonderful women

Who I can proudly call my mum


They nourished me 

They nurtured me

Took care of me

And times pampered me

As well as disciplined me 

Shaping me into the person I was meant to be

The man I have become

They instilled value and gave me love

Showed  me the meaning of respect 

As well as how to respect 

How one must conduct oneself

How one should respect and treat others 

And value things that we have been blessed with


Though I may have not always seen eye to eye

Or try to understand the reason why

And often misinterpret your every action

I know what you did you did it for us

You did it for our best 

Though I didn’t see it then, but I know now

You were looking out for us

Giving me what i needed, not what I wanted

And now that I know, i will be always grateful to you all

And though it may a little too late

 I want to say a big Thank You

For all that you have done for me

And I am sorry if I have been the thorn in your side

Instead of the apple of your eye

And now that some of you have gone on to a better place 

I want to tell you how much I miss you

How much I am grateful to you

Cause I am who I am because of you

And your love and sacrifice 

And for this I will always be in your debt

I will always love you!


Here’s to those wonderful ladies

Who may not have been my mom 

But treated me nothing less than a son

And will always be a mom to me

And then those friends who mothered me

Who have cared for me, looked out for me

As much as they have bullied and teased me

And to the friends who are mothers

Who show what it means to be a mother

Setting an example for ones to come, to follow

Setting an example for me to follow

A salute to all these wonderful women 

And all the Mothers the world over

Not just one day

But  all the days of the year

All the days of our lives!



2 comments:

RajeevRocks said...

Touching.. moving . V.nice Roddy. God bless Mothers

Rodman’s World said...

Thank you so much Rajeev