Friday, June 19, 2020

A Melody can save a LIFE

He stumbled out of his car
And into the bar
After he had been driving all night
He was grateful to see the bar light
Cause he hadn’t any hope or anywhere to go that night

So he walked to the barman
And asked him for a tonic and gin
And then sat at the bar
Trying to drown the sorrow within

The bar was empty, except for a piano man
Who was tickling the ivories by himself
So he walked towards the piano man  while nursing his tonic and gin
He stared at him for while and then said these words to him

He said sing me a song oh you piano man
Sing me a melody tonight
I am old, cold and no where to go
And maybe your melody will give me a reason to fight

My life’s bubble been burst
But I thirst for love and it hurts
I feel all alone and lonely in my life 
So I  want to put an end to this strife
So sing me melody and help to save a life

Now the piano man looked at him from his perch 
And gave him a warm smile
He nodded his way and continued to play 
A melody that would save his life 

He sang sir if I could be so bold 
But you don’t look so old 
And i see no reasons to give up on life
We have all to face strife
It just all part of life
So take deep breath and don’t regret You’re doing quite nice

Clear your mind of the doubts that’s blocking you
Clear your mind of all negative thoughts
Spend time with your family and friends
Don’t  hold your pain within 
And talk when it’s begins to overwhelm 

So raise your glass 
And toast life till it last
And I’ll sing you a melody for life 

So he raised his glass
Toasted the life he had tasked
And drank his tonic and gin
As the the piano man played him a melody 
He tipped his hat to him

He paid for his drink
And left with a grin
With renewed faith within
As he stepped out of the bar that night
Humming the melody that saved his life!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful and picturesque! 😊

Ramya B said...

Beautiful ..

Rodman’s World said...

Thanks Ramya

RajeevRocks said...

Beautifully penned Roddy. Need of d hour. Let all of us be d piano man.. for pple around us. :)