Monday, June 01, 2020

.. doing the things you LOVE!

“Doing what you’re LOVE is where the Happiness lives!”


This was something that I got to experience this Sunday evening. Even it was just mere 30 minutes, those 30 minutes provided me happiness and contentment that I so longed for,  I so missed. In those 30 minutes I was able to put behind me all my cares, my worries my fears, my doubts, and live in that moment. It brought me calm and joy that just made want to reside in those moments. And though 30 minutes may seem little but it gave me energy that can take me through days.

And although I may have not been certified to take a session, and so I called it a knowledge sharing session, it felt so good, felt so right, felt fulfilling and joyous. It combined the things I loved to do, and what more could I ask for. Seeing all those names pop up got me all excited, made me forget all my nervousness, helped calm me down and just be my joyous self.

I’ll admit I had doubts about my ability to share what I’ve leaned, cause I am no expert, just a student learning to dance. But thanks to the encouragement of my friends Shivam, and Risha and Salome (who also helped me put together the session), and the go ahead of Conrad, I was able to find it in me to do something like that. And not to forget the support, help and tips of my buddy Tanya, who came to my rescue with the stand and Bluetooth speakers. Besides how can I say no when Sangy ma’am asks!

In the end it was all worth it. It was worth dressing up and being ready on a Sunday evening, with now where to go. It was all worth it because I got to spend time with all my running buddies, albeit virtually. So seeing those names made me feel as if they were with me in the room, and that made me relax, that calmed me down, and made me want to give it my best, but most importantly, it allowed me to be me.

So when I hugged my phone in a virtual hug I felt I was not just hugging them, I was hugging myself, telling myself as I told them that we will make it through. And in those moments I found pure joy, cause I managed to do the things I loved the most!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One must do this more and more. What one loves. Not only does one feel happy, but one spreads happiness!