Sunday, September 17, 2023

We may be ordinary… but we inspire!!!

I am nothing special 

In fact I am a bit a bore

I am nothing special 

Just another ordinary bloke

But in my ordinariness 

I find a way to inspire others

I don’t have to do anything special 

I haven’t to do anything grand

I don’t have to make a great deal of it

I have to just be me

The simple, ordinary me

Just go about doing the things I do

Do things I would normally do 

The way I would normally do it 

Nothing out of the ordinary 

Nothing extraordinary 

Never intentionally doing anything 

But still in all the simplicity 

All the ordinariness of my action

I’ll never know who I might inspire

Who I might motivate

Who you want I might save 

I don’t need to do anything

I don’t have to be anyone else

I just need to be me

Who I am meant to be

And you never who I might save

You don’t need to do anything extraordinary 

I just need to be myself

Let my simplicity shine through

And there’s no telling

Who may need this light

To find their way 

When they find themselves lost 

In the labyrinths of life

Stumbling in the darkness

Searching for a  spark to light up their way

And they may find that light in you

And you don’t have to anything extraordinary 

You don’t have to do anything out of the ordinary 

You don’t have to make an attempt

To influence others

You just have to be you 

And let the light within you shine through 

Lighting up the way for those who are lost

Lighting up the way for those who need it

So you may think you’re nothing special 

You may think you’re a bore 

Just an ordinary bloke

But you never know might inspire!!!



No comments: