Tuesday, February 27, 2007

In Time of Trouble

They say when you are down and depressed, one of the way of coping with such situations is to distract your mind. Look at the positives of life instead of concentrating on the negatives. These days have been pretty harrowing and scary and downright depressive. So was just thinking of what could get my spirits up, when all i can feel is the lows of life? What could prop me up and help me through time.

There are number of hymns and songs that could be my saviour, my rope in getting over bad time.

For example, the following hymn:

When upon life bellows's you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessing name them one by one,
And you will discover what the LORD has done.

or this one,

Give them all, give them all to Jesus,
Shattered dream, wounded hearts, broken toys,
And he'll turn your sorrow into joy.

Or my favourite from the Sound of Music

When the dog bites, when the be stings,
When my salary is taxed (Note the modification)
I simply remember my favourite things,
And then I don't feel so bad.

No comments: