Friday, January 09, 2009

Shocker for a New Year

They say what happens to you at the beginning of a new year would continue to happen to you throughout the year. However, looking at the way things have been going for me in the past week, I am really praying this isn't true. There have been events that happened in the past week that have really shaken me that I can truly say that I have a shocking beginning to the new year.

It all started when I learnt that one of friend lost his dad. What was terrible was that the cause was not natural and was violent. His dad was robbed and assaulted. Knowing that this friend had to go and claim the mortal remains of his father really shook me up (I have been there and experienced that). Loosing a loved one, especially a parent can be really hard, but then loosing someone in this manner is really painful.

Then the next day when I was leaving for Pune, I overslept in the local train only to wake up at a distant station with just a couple of minutes to catch my train. And if that wasn't all I had forgotten my house key along with Scooty keys at home. And to add to that my roommate was still in Mumbai. Lucky for me my Bhai had a key that I had given her. And yes there was no sign of work, the reason why I left Goa in a hurry. Only to find out that the company is giving a flat 5 per cent hike to all and pushing the appraisal cycle to later in the year (they say June).

And then today I learn that my roommate has been given the boot from the company. Once again i was shocked, shaken (don't know if I was stirred) and I really couldn't work (as if its a possibility to work on Friday to knowing that the weekend ins upon us). Anyway, this quite upset me and trouble, firstly because he was a good friend and kind of a foster dad who looked out for me, and secondly (and mainly) now I have to either look out for a new roommate or find a new place. So that would men trouble once again.

So there you have it, the first working week of my new year. I just pray to God that the rest of my year doesn't follow the same pattern.

No comments: