Saturday, February 21, 2009

Questions

Recently two of my ex colleague, and yes I can call them friends, returned back to the office. These two had been given the boot from the organization in January, so they had come to collect their settlements from the office. Both stated how happy they are with what they are doing currently and how the doing so much better now than what they doing before. And with the prospect of a much better work environment, how happy they were to get out, or shown out, at the right time.

What struck me about their situation is what was I doing in here in this organization. If the world outside had much better things to offer than what this organization gave me, what was I doing here? Were they truly happy with what they had or was it just an act put up for the benefit of others? Whatever their reason behind their feeling, it made question myself if I was doing the right thing? If I was in the right place? OR what was doing with my career? Am I steering myself in the right direction or am I just getting stuck in one place?

I am truly happy for them...but the question that rises in my mind what are we doing with ourselves??? Question loads of questions, with the answer not in sight.

No comments: