Monday, August 20, 2018

A Wondering, Wandering Heart

Standing at the edge of sometime so deep
Something so vast and powerful 
Makes the wanderer in me to wonder
If this wondering, wandering would ever cease

Wondering where is life leading me
What does it have in store for me
What twist and turns
What surprises does it have for me
Where will it take me
Whether it will let me wander a little while more
Before it lets the wandering wondering heart settle 

The water not still, neither rough
An easiness with every rise and fall
Like a heaving bosom
Rising and falling with every breath
But there’s a calmness in this uneasiness 
A strange feeling of peace
Reflecting the greyness of the skies
Somehow reflecting the grey uneasiness
That lay within my heart
That clouded my mind
The uncertainty and confusion
But at the same time bringing peace
A soothing balm
For all the uneasiness and greyness

As I stood there 
At the shore of this grey lake 
Wondering what lay in front of me
Where it would take me
What new adventures
What new challenges lay ahead of me
Is there something or someone 
out there for me


Till then I know
A wondering wandering heart 
I shall always be
Till it’s time too stop the wondering wandering
Lay down for all eternity






No comments: