Tuesday, March 05, 2019

..and Jayden got Confirmed

Where did time go? How did it fly by? When did the sands of time change and this lil’ boy become a strapping young lad? It feels like it was just yesterday when we received a call from his father announcing his birth, very cheekily declaring that Tatu lost the bet (my godmother who wanted everyone to have a girl, talk about girl power). 

I remember the first time I carried him in the hospital, and then to church so that he could be baptised, to be welcomed into the Catholic faith. Then there was clip of him rocking back and forth to Akon’s Lonely, smiling with his Bugs Bunny like teeth. He was the accessory that everyone wanted to click pictures with, the centre of attention, this cute little ball of happiness who talked a lot.

When did he grow from the boy who wanted your mobile so that he could play games on it, knowing how to download it if it wasn’t there, to this young man standing in front of me? When did he go from the boy who took your phone (actually he took his godmother and fairy godmother’s phone, who were more than willing to give him their phone than I was), to this boy who wanted me to click him, pose for the camera and then tease me about my hash tags and the numbers of likes I got on my pics on Instagram, compared to his.

Wasn’t it just yesterday that he received his First Holy Communion, when we realised his pant and blazer were a different shades of white, perplexed at how did this happen, to this youth standing in a tux and bow, becoming a confirmed catholic, a handsome young man, the only Confirmant who didn’t show his back to the altar after being confirmed by the Bishop (or was it the Cardinal).

What next, Holy Orders, most unlikely, or Matrimony, most likely. Damn how fast time has gone by. Sometimes you wish you could just stop time, or could it go by real slow, so you taken these moments a little longer before their all but, just a memory in the corner of your mind.


No comments: