Wednesday, January 08, 2020

A Photograph: The Conclusion of a Trip

Moments once gone can never be recaptured again, no matter how much we try to. Each moment a unique picture, one which we haven’t seen before, one which we may never see again, each unique, each different, remaining all but a memory that may fade with time, if we don’t try our best to preserve it. And so we hold these memories in a photograph, the memories that we make, where eyes never blinking, hearts never broken, time forever frozen still. We hang it in the halls of our mind, etched forever on its wall.

So was the trip memorable? Well, I would like to think that (to put it as diplomatically as possible) there were moments I would cherish, but then there were moments I wished I didn’t have to go through. There are memories that I’ll have with me, my own photographs to cherish forever, but then there were memories I would rather forget. The highs and lows of life.

What the trip showed me is that I am not quiet the wandering soul that I would have myself to believe, not quite the solo traveller, too dependent on others and circumstances, living in my own shell. And there lay the crux for the moments of low. Was not quite ready to come out of my shell, let my hair down, lighten up and allow myself to have some fun. Not to try to keep to my introverted self (which is strange cause I am normally not that), a loner, all lost and alone, too in myself, in my shell, prim and proper. And that’s also the reasons of clashes of ideals, for the memories. All the makings for a boring company.

So in short I needed to loose myself to find me. To let go and loosen up, to go out there and have an adventure. Probably then there would be more memories to be made. My reasoning for the trip was noble, but the reasoning was not mine in the first place.

Would I return to Dubai? Well that’s a definite yes! But would I move there (as I have been asked a thousand times before and I know I will be asked a thousand times again)? The answer to that still stands at NO! Don’t get me wrong, Dubai is a nice place, clean, orderly, disciplined, but then for an outsider like me it all seems to man made and artificial (just my point of view). Though there are rules which are good, it keeps things and people in order and in check, it’s the unsaid ones that can get a bit scary. Dubai is a nice a place, but Dubai is not a place for me. Mumbai is where the heart is, where my life is, so definitely won’t be looking to move from here anytime soon.

So to conclude, I could definitely say I had a nice trip, if not a great one. I made a lot of wonderful memories, which I will carry with me forever. Seen quite a few places, and there are many more to explore, to see. So yes definitely return to the place but as a tourist. 

In the end, Life is small, and the world is large, and I went out there and made a memory, which I will forever cherish, who I will hold in a photograph, etched forever on the walls of my mind.


No comments: