Wednesday, December 08, 2021

Oh the JOY it is to Run

Oh the joy, the joy

It is to run

With a smile on my face

And a spring in my step

To run without a care

Or just put behind you 

All your worries and cares

To never ever bother about your pace

Ok ok, to be little bothered 

About your pace 

And just enjoy the cool breeze 

On my face

Lest I trip and fall

On an untied lace

To take it all in

The fresh air

The cool breeze

The ingredient for a perfect morning

To be aware and alive

Lest I be mauled and eaten

For then I would be not alive

Oh the joy, the joy

It is to run just like a child would

No worries if form

Or even footstrike

Just pure unadulterated joy

Just the way Phoebe does

The one you feel deep within

To realise why you began to run 

In the very first place

To have some moments of fun

And yes, to stay fit and healthy too

Oh the joy, the sweet joy 

It is to run

To talk endlessly with you pals

Like gossipy old gals

Not caring of all those who stared

And then find a spot to pose 

That will go up with our social media post

Oh the joy, the joy

It is to run 

On a cold December morning in the park



No comments: