Thursday, December 02, 2021

Sundays in the Park


I am running in the park on a Sunday morning  

Before the break of dawn in the morning

When all around it’s dark

And the only light is that of the moon

But soon the sun will rise

And then it will be goodbye

To the moon


I am running in the park on a cold winters’ morning 

Where the air is fresh and cool

And though it maybe cold

I love to run here

No matter what the weather 

But I like it when it’s cool


I start my long run on a Sunday 

I run by runners warming  and stretching

before they start their run too

Some casually walking by

Waiting for their running buddies to come


I continue to run on a Sunday morning

I pass runners running with their head lamps switched on

And some by the light of their phones 

AndI try to run with them 

Cause their light helps me to see the road

And most likely keep

What’s lurking in the dark away


I am running in the park on a Sunday

Passing a herd of deer

Who have come out to graze

And now they stare

At this running fool 

And I am fascinated too

As I stop to admire 

And take a picture of them 

Grazing and staring 

Wondering what this fool will do


As I keep going on a Sunday morning

On a path that’s lined with tree and grass

Which was once green

But now is brown and gold

Sewing in the breeze

A change colour with the change in weather

But still a sight to behold


As I run in the park on a Sunday 

Pass people mediating and doing yoga

Some talking loudly to each other

And greeting everyone who passes by

Whether known or unknown

And they greet me too

And all I can do is smile 

And acknowledge as I run on by


I am running in the park on a Sunday morning

A cross a dry river bed 

Which was once a raging river 

With fools sitting in the water

But now a trickling stream

But the fools are still there too


As continue my run in the park on a Sunday

I pass runners who inspire

Runners who leave me in awe

People who leave me annoyed

With their loud chatter and blocking the road

But i will continue on my run

Motivating and inspiring, as well as

Motivated and inspired

Cheering as I go

Stopping only for Nimbu pani 


When I am done with my run on a Sunday

I know I will cool down ans s so my stretches

In a little garden

And then I will click that perfect post run pic

If I haven’t already done it

With crazy running buddies


I taken in these sites and sounds 

As I run in the park

And let the cool breeze calm 

And the sound of the trees 

As they rustle in the breezes

Along with the sounds  of birds and crickets

I let it soothe me

And I know this I where I am meant to be

Running, running in the park on a Sunday morning 

No comments: