Friday, March 11, 2022

Cherish You

I refuse to berate you

Or even abuse and curse your name

Cause you’ve have been nothing but kind

And a lot caring 

And have given no reason to complain

But still we had to part 

Because in the deepest part of my heart

I knew I was not what you need

So we had to set each other free

Rather than forcing the other to be 

Something they wouldn’t want to be

Although we wanted the journey to go on

It made no sense to make the other trudge

On a path they would no longer want to be on

No matter how hard we tried

We had to say our goodbyes

And go our own way

Wondering if our paths should ever converge

Would it still feel the same


I will not let you see me cry

Or even see that tear in my eyes

I will try to smile and be strong 

And not let the world know what’s going on

Even though on the inside I am crumbling

Breaking into a million pieces

Wounded and bleeding 

Writhing with pain that’s not ceasing

But still I refuse to cry

Not because you are not worth my tears 

In fact you are way more than that 

But I don’t want to think of you and cry

I would rather think of you and smile

For the memories that we made

Will always be special to me 


So I refuse to blame you 

And curse your name or shame you

I will forever smile when I think of you

Or when I think of the memories we’ve made

Cause I will forever cherish you

I will forever cherish us

And as Whitney and Dolly sang

I will always love you

No comments: