Thursday, January 18, 2018

It’s a Wonderful After Life

They say when you die your whole life flashes in front of your eyes. So where was my showreel? Surely I had something to show for the life I have lived. It’s been how long since I passed away, crossed over to the other side, no more, gone to heaven, definitely not sleeping with the fishes, or whatever you may want to call it. Wow, it’s whole five minutes only, but it seems like it has been hours. Time seems to go by so slowly in the after life. Wow you can see life in slow motion.

Anyway, that can happen later, I am in no hurry to see my showreel, after all I ain’t going anywhere. But where’s the bright light that will guide me? Strange, haven’t seen any dead people, where are my fellow travellers in the afterlife? Now I can finally say, I can see dead people, but then I am one of them too. Strange how life can change in a matter of seconds.

Well, this wait is quite excruciating, more excruciating than waiting for death. Don’t you think I had enough and now I deserve rest? Well seeing all these people mourning my passing seems to dampening the moment. There’s nothing you can do, I know... 
when I am gone
When I am gone
You’re going to miss me when I am gone
You’re going miss by my hair
You’re going to miss Me everywhere 
You’re going to miss me when I am gone

I know it’s a difficult moment, it’s never easy saying goodbye, especially when it comes to someone you love and can’t do without, a void that you can’t fill, but...
Kiss me and smile for me
Please don’t shed a tear for me
Cause then you’ll never be able
To let me go
Cause I am leaving on my way to heaven
Don’t think I’ll ever be back again
Oh babe, I have to go

Wow, looks like death has made me quite the creative person. Oh well, I have to wait till I get the instruction text (like we do in elearning). So might as well as make the most of this time.

What’s this, i have received a ping here, quite impressive reception in the after life (by the way, where exactly is here?) so according to this message I can only get Mukti if my loved my loved ones release me, in short I am going to be here for quite a while. 

Come on people, I’ve lived a full but not quite a long life, but whatever life I have lived I have lived the life the way I want to, the life I was meant to live. So please don’t be selfish and....
Please release me, let me go
I am not living anymore
Please release and let me
Go on my way to heaven

Wow, I must say Death is bringing out the creative best in me. I swear I can script Afterlife: the Musical. Anyway till then I will spend my time doing Nonsensical l. 

Well for starter, nothing is hidden once you’re dead, all secrets will be known, and I am not talking my own. No secrets or thoughts shall remain hidden. 

The thing I’ve seen and heard makes me wish there was someone who I could share this juicy gossip with. Like those gossipy aunties who have juicy gossips but no one to share it with. There’s so much to share but no one to share it with. But then hearing about them has not only got me astonished but it has also kept me entertained.

As entertaining as it  is to hear the thoughts of others and see how they behave (which so often is opposite to what they are thinking, such hypocrites I say) what’s taking it so long to get my turn to meet my maker, to meet St Peter at the Pearly Gates. I have not seen a single soul, literally, since I’ve passed, apart from mourners. Where are all the souls gone?

Woooh what’s happening, why am I being pulled back to my body? What’s happening? Where am I? Who are you? What do you mean I was in surgery and now I am in recovery? Ain’t I dead? Why are you laughing? You mean to say I was under anaesthetics, sedated.

So I have been hallucinating the whole while. Oh dang! So it’s back to living and being alive.



No comments: