Saturday, December 29, 2018

My Run(re)solution

Once again it’s that time of the year when people put on their thinking hat and get out their writing pads to write down their resolution for the year to come. So not wanting to be left behind here’s mine, my running resolution, my runsolution.

My first would be to complete my FM at the TMM (Full Marathon at the Tata Mumbai Marathon, for the uninitiated). No, no this ain’t my first FM, in fact it would be the 5th one that I participated in, third at the Mumbai Marathon, where I’ve got my PB (oops, I did it again, PB is personal best). So after the debacle that was 2018, the target is to just complete the race, no eye on timing, no PB, just complete (yayayaya right, I think I am kidding). So to ensure this, no carb loading in the days leading to the race, especially gorging on 5-Star, or any form of chocolate. And if I have to drink another ORSL, I would...

Like I did in 2018, I shall follow in 2019 also, not to race every race, rather experience the race, take in what the race has to offer. I know for sure I am not going to podium anyway (I.e. come 1st, 2nd or 3rd), but I am going to enjoy every race, irrespective whether it’s good or bad, challenging or difficult (or both), I am going to take in every run, experience it, learn from it, not bother where I finish or what my timing is (ok will be a bit bothered). I shall ensure to give good face, and pose, as I go about my run, and not give my strained, constipated face, with my T-Rex/ bunny arms.

This brings me to my next point, I shall be damn selective of the races I choose to run, more selective than I was this year. There’s routes out there left to be discovered, races to run. Run for this and run for that I shall not but run for self I surely will. I want to run on routes that challenges me, that’s takes me by the collar and commands me to rise to tone occasion, bringing out the best in me. I fell head over heels in love Ladakh (and not just because it was a great way to celebrate my birthday). So no matter how much I may crib and complain and struggle, a challenging route I shall always love and choose to run. So that’s mean, bye bye BKC (unless it’s absolutely need to). So in short I want to run in new places, on challenging routes, enjoying every race, taking in every race.

Finally, I would love to give back what Running has given to me. In my own way and capacity and capability, to help others who need help. To provide support and cheer them on, encourage and support them. I am no running evangelist, and I look not at converting a non-runner into one. But if my action were to inspire others to take up running, take up a healthy and active lifestyle then i shall feel my running has been put to good use.

And this, in short (though not very short), is my runsolution for 2019.








No comments: