Thursday, December 13, 2018

The Rhythm and Me: A Confession of a Non-Dance

I am no dancer but I don’t have two left feet and can move reasonably well. But when I put my AirPod on and the music begins to play, the rhythm is bound to get me, and the beat just goes through to my feet.

For those few minutes the world fades away and I forget all my care, making me feel light as a feather, rather than heavy as lead (the way i think I feel I am, though others may beg to differ). And in the moment I feel like Fred Aistaire, cause a Bollywood personality I can’t be, and there’s something joyful about the way he moved that captured the sheer bliss of the moment.

When the music begins to play, the world becomes a different place, a better place, a la la land. Whoever thought a traffic jam could become so joyous. You just break into dance like a joyful musical set piece, and who knows the world would join in too.

So as i walk down that street I can’t help but let my feet move to the beat. A tap here, a shimmy there, a side step, a hop, a hippity hop, a toe-heel-cross, to trotting like a fox, just waltzing your cares away, side step, front step, just move those hips. You feel wild like Kevin Beacon (however, not being so acrobatic), or suave like Patrick Swayze, lifting baby with ease.

There’s so much sheer joy in the movement, you see, when there’s no one to see, when you dance just for yourself, because your heart is filled with content. And even if you don’t got the moves, or you look like fool, or people may laugh, when see you dance. But you don’t really care cause your heart is filled with content, and in that moment, it just the rhythm and you.

No comments: