Sunday, December 23, 2018

SoBo Sojourn: A Sunday Musing

Walking down these oh so familiar streets brought back memories from the deep recesses of my mind, they memories rash weren’t forgotten, that weren’t dormant, they were safely kept and preserved to brought back whenever needed.

As I walked down the streets, I was taken back to my childhood, to the days when my papa took me to the ENT to get the wax out off my ears (not sure if I should be mention it here). Then later in my youth I walked down those streets and passed those fascinating structures as I made my from VT (as it was then called, before the entire politicisation of the name change) to my college in Churchgate. I didn’t need a heritage walk, I just did it everyday. 

Those buildings fascinated me, the structure left me in awe, you always ended marvelling the architecture of those building, especially the station and the municipal build, and they were breathtaking when lit up. So starting the full marathon, running by these structure is something else in itself, a sense of marvel, a sense of pride. And although all the digging, tunneling, of the metro work had taken away some sheen of the place, it can never ever take away the dignity and fascination of the place.

So as you made way though pavements lined with tin barricades, and there’s mud and dust everywhere, digging everywhere, you’re trying to get your bearing where exactly you are, but you can’t help continued to be awed by the place. You discover places you didn’t know existed, enjoyed a delicious breakfast in the company of friend, cause we Runners need a good brekky after a good run. You walked past places you have never been to, down roads and lanes you didn’t know were there, each of these little nooks and corners held on to your fascination, each turn a discovery, and to think about it I spend so much of early life here, never truly exploring the place. 

In the end, though you walked through lanes, through barricaded pavement, you didn’t mind the walk. You though wished it would have been another time when there was no metro work robbing the sheen of the place, eating into its beauty. But in those little places you enjoyed the beauty of the place, the beauty of the company, you brief SoBo sojourn.













No comments: