Thursday, July 18, 2019

The Vanishing World

I close my eyes and hope to see
A world that’s waiting there for me
A world that I can call my own
The world of pain that’s known to me
Just vanishes away for while
And for those few moments
I can be who I want to be

People who’ve vanished from my live
Many who are no longer alive
Or have moved on to better lives
Find a way back to me
They may have vanished from my world
But here they will always be
One with me for all eternity

The world that doesn’t accept me
Cause I may not be 
The way they want me to be
Vanishes for those moments
And in those brief moments
I can be the way I want to be
That’s true and honest to me

A society that looks down on me
That always tries to label me
And pokes fun at me
Judges me for I choose to be
The way that I am 
For who I choose to care for, to love
Who I choose to settle down with
In those moment this society vanishes
And I am part of the world 
That accepts me the way I want to be

But then I have to open my eyes
And return back to a world I’ve known
While the world I’ve dreamed of
Vanishes from my eyes
To remain a figment of my mind
But always with a hope 
That one day I’ll find a world 
that’s meant for me
And will never let it vanish from me

No comments: