Thursday, November 28, 2019

I am no Angel... but grateful for who I am

I am no angel
I am no saint
In fact I’m miles away from it
Don’t judge me by what you see
Or what you may perceive me to be
Cause if you peel away the layers you see
You’ll find the real me 
An ordinary soul
A simple but confused mind
Cause I am nothing special
In fact I am bit of a bore

I’m not perfect 
Just perfectly imperfect 
Of mistakes I’ve made my share
And of them I am not ashamed to say
Regretted the ones I’ve made
But I’ve learned to live with them
Learned to learn from them
Avoid having them on repeat

Underneath it all I’m just an ordinary man
There’s nothing special, a fool
In fact a bit damaged and bruised
A bit mental, a bit temperamental 
A lot crazy, cause Crazy is what crazy do
A child at heart not willing to grow up
But forced to grow 
And circumstance is to be blamed
But never truly giving up
A stubborn fool

I’ve loved and I’ve lost
But I hope to love again
I’ve been hurt and I’ve been in pain
And I’ve been the cause of both too
A lost and lonely soul
And though I may try and smile
But my smile may just a frown
I am just a simple man
Asking to be loved for who I am

I am only human like everyone else
And like everyone else 
I have my wants and desires
That which stem of the flesh
And though I may try to be coy and shy
But I know my wants and desires
Sometimes ashamed of it
Other times conflicted about it
But nonetheless wanting it, craving it
But then it’s love that I want
And it often a pit full for this overthinker

I am grateful for everyone in my life
The ones who have come and gone
And the ones who have stayed
For the ones who have left an impression 
A handprint, a picture etched 
On the walls of my mind for all eternity
The ones I cannot do without
The ones who I care for
The ones who I’ve love & will forever love
Family, friends, colleagues, lovers, partners, spouse and offsprings and pets
People who I will hold dear to me
Forever and always and beyond

Life may not be kind
Showing me an oasis 
Only for it to turn out a mirage
But then if life has thrown lemons
It’s also shown me how to make lemonade 
Or have a glass of tequila and toast life
For every sadness it shown me kindness
For every sorrows it has shown me
How to overcome
For every loss it has taught me to overcome
For every pain it has applied a cooling balm
It has helped me heal from every hurt
And though it may scar
It has showed me how to survive

So to conclude this random rambling 
This Rodmaness 
I am no angel
But I am grateful to be me!




No comments: