Friday, December 27, 2019

A Lonely Mind

Isn’t it strange
You can be in a room full of people
And still be all lone
All by yourself
As cliched as it may sound
It always hold true

Sitting here on the window sill
Staring out at the streets below
And into the abyss of the night
The street light like little rhinestones 
Studding the velvety road
And the inky blue night sky 

Staring at the night sky
Makes me wish I could fly
To fly out of this place
And go to the place 
Where my heart wants to be
With the one it wants or be with

This heart wants to escape 
To fly away from this place
To be in the place it wants to be
To be with the one it wants to be with
To lay by their side 
To rest my head where their heart is
To be lulled asleep 
By the beating of their heartbeat

But for now I shall be 
Be by myself
To feel all alone in a crowded room
To fret and miss
To hope my heart can be with the one
The one that it beats for
But for now it will live with this loneliness 

No comments: