Thursday, December 26, 2019

Love at First Sight

Our eyes locked the moment I stepped into the house. I looked into his beautiful soulful eyes as he came sauntering towards me, his beautiful mane flowing in the air, his slender athletic figure on full display. Was it possible to fall in love with this gorgeous creature at the first sight? But then was it first sight? After all I had seen pictures of him before. So would this be first sight. Well you could call it that, and if you don’t think so then that’s your perception. For all practical purpose, for me it’s first sight.

So now that we have got that out of the way, let’s get back to the moment. So it was love at first sight, and I somehow found myself falling into the abyss of his deep soulful eyes, the ones I could stare into for hours on end. This beautiful creature with those soulful eyes. And as he made his way towards me I could feel my heart beating against my chest, skipping a couple of beats. I felt like a school child coming face to face with their crush. 

When he finally made his way to me, after greeting the rest of the family, I came down to him, hugged him and scratched behind his ears. He seemed happy to see me, but then he was happy creature who was more than happy to have visitors, unlike others. He loved the attention that I showered upon him, not wanting to share it, wanting to be centre of it all. So when I began paying attention to his sibling he nuzzled his head, so I had to scratch and fuss over him only.

Throughout the evening he enjoyed alternating from playing fetch with the kids and snuggling between us, clicking pictures, getting his belly rubbed. Giving paw when asked to, placing his head on our laps, giving us the soulful looks with his deep puppy eyes, hoping to get something from the sumptuous and mouthwatering spread prepared for the evening.

He enjoyed all the attention he was getting. Posing for pictures and being fed, along with his siblings, having the time of his life. And in between it all he was showering his puppy love, slobbery kisses, putting his paw in my hand and his face on my lap, how couldn’t you not fall in love with him, how could you not resist his charm. He had me at hello!

So in the end when it was time to call it a night, he walked us to the door, and with the big soulful eyes bathe us goodbye, giving us a big look before he ran back to join his siblings, turning around as if to say see you soon. It was indeed love at first sight.





No comments: