Saturday, September 25, 2021

I Cried


I cried!!!

It feels strange to say it out loud

But I cried 

I cried for what happened 

Cried for a realisation 

That what was beautiful 

Has now come to an end

A step o could never take back


I cried!!!

For things were not meant to be

For  things that I thought it would be

But all of this has now come to an end

Leaving gaping hole

A heart broken

I hope it can mend

Though a piece will always be missing


I cried!!!

Cause I thought I was the one to blame

Bringing that was beautiful 

To an abrupt end

I blamed me and my overthinking 

For not being able to accept differences 

That were bound to be there

But then I realised 

I wasn’t to be blamed alone


I cried!!!

Knowing that it will never be

Or even an us

And we will go our separate ways

Not too sure

If our paths would ever cross again

Or we could have again

What we shared before

Cause things would never be the same


I cried!!!

Like I have never cried before 

Like I have never cried for anyone

Save for my dog

I’ve tried to be brave

I’ve tried to be strong

But then I let my emotions

Get the better of me

And opened the flood gates

And let it pour


I cried!!!

Got this heavy feeling off chest

An eerie uneasiness 

An anxious feeling

That threatened to consume me 

Cause I wouldn’t be able to tell 

The pain that I am in


I cried!!!

I had to let it all out

Cause I couldn’t hold it together anymore

So let the rivers flow

But then I wiped those tears

Determined to continue to survive

To bounce back and move on

Trying not to regret

To cry anymore for what I’ve lost

But treasure the moments

In my broken heart forever 

No comments: