Saturday, April 17, 2010

Missing Pune

It has been almost a month since have gotten back from Pune, and still I find myself adjusting to life here in Mumbai. And I still miss my life in Pune. And why not!!! It's been my second home for almost two and half years.

What I miss most about Pune is friends, the bonds that I forged over the span of two and half years, that I should be with me for eternity. I miss the lunch time chatter, chai time gossips, the Barista time agony aunt session and guilty pleasures. I miss making breakfast on Sunday morning, followed by making lunch and a game of Monopoly. I didn't mind loosing for being tricked as I thought the game was pretty boring. I loved the fact that I was part of the most happening and noisy group in the office that wasn't pretentious.

But then life had a different plan for all of us. Paths that were once together, parted and went their own separate way, starting off a new chapter of life whether it was parenthood, new jobs, marriage. I felt alone missing them.

What I further miss about Pune was my gym. Though may not be the best, but I made so many good friends. I enjoyed turning up early in the morning to hit the weights and have the instructor to push me. Though sometimes it felt odd, I kind of liked being checked out, quite an ego boost. I miss the cardio session and the Movers & Shakers session. I miss my gym partner, who could easily lift more weights than me but was more prone to injury than I was. Waiting for him to turn up. I miss my gym because it finally got me to loose my weight and follow a diet.

I miss my Monday treks to Dorabjee to buy my weekly groceries. Scouting among the different racks, trying to remember the things I needed to buy. I miss the salad basket, which sadly I don't get here.

I miss my office, to some extent, though I am still seething from my experience there. I miss bitching about it, I miss some of my colleagues, people who I learned a lot from. I miss project and a client that I could say was one of the best that I have worked for. I miss the good morning mails and the forwarded mails. I miss the query solving and the client calls. The review and the team, something that I dearly miss.

I miss making my chicken stock at night after a tiring day at office, though I still do that, but then it is not the same. I miss waking early in the morning and putting the eggs to boil, preparing my salad and breakfast and getting ready for the day.

But then change is inevitable and we need to accept that and move on and mold our lives accordingly. These old experience are things of the past, but then are something that are to be cherished and held close to as a precious memories. Now is the time to make new experience and make new memories and friends. I always have the old one forever.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good one rody. Mumbai life is not 2 bad either.

Swapna Bora said...

Come back...Everyone's missing you here

Arunima Joshua said...

pune is definitely a much better place than mumbai!!
i <3 dorabjees and barista has like the best coffee ever!!!
i often go there after shopping on MG rd ...the walk from MG to barista really gets me thirsty !!!