Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Running in the Rain

I am running in the rain
Just running in the rain
Such a glorious feeling
I am happy again
Though clouds darken the skies
And the rain falls in my eye
Blurring my sight 
Making difficult to see the light
I am running in the rain

I am running in the rain
Splashing away
Though the stormy weather
Gets everyone scurrying away
But I'll continue to run
Cause there ain't no scorching sun
The Rain will keep me cool
And joyous always
So I'll keep running in the rain

I am running in the rain
Like a child once again
Though I may be soaking wet
With my tee sticking to my chest
I really don't care
Cause it's so much fun anyway
I'll continue to run in the rain

I am dashing in the rain 
I am sprinting in the rain
Though puddles may block my path
Then I am a child heart
I really don't care 
If my socks are wet
From the water in my shoes
I'll keep splashing in the rain

I'll keep running rain
Will be content again
The rain hides my tears
And drowns my sorrows and fears
Bringing a calmness to my heart
As it caresses my face
Making forget my cares
As I go bounding down the lane
I'll keep running in the rain

I am running in the rain
Happy once again 
Cause I prefer the rains 
To the sun any day
I don't care for the muck
Or that I am down on my luck
No lightening and thunder can scare me
Cause I am happy once again 
So I'll keep running, running in the rain


No comments: