Thursday, July 20, 2017

I believe in Love

I believe in a love
That's pure, that's true
That doesn't judge 
Nor does it distinguishes
It just knows how to love
And be loved in return 

I believe in a love 
That makes no distinction
That knows not 
The colour of your skin
Or where you're from 
Or what you do
What's your religion
Caste or creed
What's your social status
It only believes in loving
And nothing else

I believe in love
Where it doesn't matter
What your past has been
It believes in the present 
And working to a beautiful future
It doesn't matter 
If you're rich or poor
Forward or backward
A village belle or bumpkin
Or a city slicker
It believes in loving all equally

I believe in a love that doesn't label
It doesn't matter 
If you're straight or gay
Transgender or bisexual 
Your gender doesn't matter
Your age doesn't matter
It knows no boundaries 
No nationalities 
No religious beliefs
No political leaning
What truly matters is love
And that's all you'll ever need

I believe in love
That's strong enough 
To move mountains
To bring even the most 
proudest and powerful of men
To their knees
That teaches to be humble and kind
That shines like a beacon of light
Lighting up even the darkest of days 
A love that's a guiding light 

I believe in a love 
That doesn't believe 
In putting people down
But a love that 
Lifts up the ones that are down
A love that's never cruel
That loves without any expectations 
A love that's unconditional 

I believe in a love
That's eternal
A love everlasting 
That's never spoiled
By the ravages of time
A love that continues to grow 
Long after we're gone
That continues to thrive and survive
Giving hope and warmth 
To those who we leave behind
A presence with them forever

I believe in a love that's pure and true
And I pray and hope
That you believe it too

No comments: