Sunday, July 02, 2017

The Boy, The Rain and The Sea

When I started out this morning on my Sunday long run I knew I was part of of something really special. It was the first Sunday of the month, so it was MRR time. Then it was MRR's 7th Anniversary Run, so there was extra celebration. Lastly, it had been raining the whole night so the weather was bound to be cooler and less humid.

As I steadily made my way, playing catch up, after all I had started late and was supposed to be the 6 pace race buddy, I got a wonderful opportunity of greeting every runner. The weather was cool and the runners were cheery, may be a little sleepy. So I slowly made my way past my fellow run buddies, Muffy and Chittuji, trying to greet and cheer as many runner as I could and thanking the Angel Volunteers.

As I reached reached my designated position, I got the opportunity of running with a wonderful bare feet runner Ritesh Agarwal, who was running at a 6 pace. So as we made it past the old passport office turn, we were met with Kanni, the official Runner's Pacer who paced us for a few meters and then dropped by to help other runners in need.

Steadily we made our way past INS Trata, couldn't help but marvel the clouds that engulfed the tall towers. And then Worli sea-face came in sight. The sea was a sight to behold. Rough, choppy, with waves crashing, it was both scary and mesmerising. The skies may have been been shades of grey and the weather overcast, but there was an inherent beauty. All the greyness gave you a beautiful monochrome picture against the colours of the runners. You had an arch of dark clouds, the crashing sea and the buildings against the shoreline.

It started to pour and blow as we hit Haji Ali. The strong head wind and the rains added to the elements of toughness. As we swayed to the breezes, splashing our way through the puddles, embracing the rains. Have run in the rains a few times, but this was a whole new level altogether.

And so we passed Wilson, once again greeting and thanking the wonderful Angel   Volunteers and meeting inspirational runners, people we look up to. By now we were at the last couple of kilometres. Once again the sight of the waves crashing against the tripods and breaking against the pavements was breathtaking. The pavements was like a running carnival, filled with people walking their pets, out for the morning walks, completing their Sunday long run, busy stretching and refuelling themselves.

As we made our way to NCPA, where we met our fellow runners, once again we were in a moment of meet and greet. I decided to help with the serving of breakfast which gave me the opportunity of meeting many runners. The morning ended with collecting a wonderful medal, sipping on warm tea and nibbling snacks and trying to pose for pictures. 

Thank you MRR for the warm memories of countless runs and opportunities to meet and serve so many wonderful runners. True, you guys are a group of runners for runners. Thank you Admins for your untiring contributions to running, we really and appreciate what you guys have done. Thank you to all the wonderful Angel Volunteers and my fellow run buddies. A run would never be complete without your contributions. To all the sponsors a big thank you. Lastly a big thank you to all my fellow runners, you are what make the runs happens. So until next month's run, we'll live the memories of another run, basking in the glory of all the wonderful pictures... so till we meet again!!!

No comments: