Tuesday, July 04, 2017

The Music and Me

Switching on my music
Takes me to a place
Where it's just my music and me
Making me oblivious to world around me
For those moments
My cares take a back seat
I am numbed to the pains
That I feel both emotionally and physically
To sorrows that trouble my mind
All seem to fade away
Nothing else matters
Just the music in my ears
And tune on my lip
I may croak
But in my head
I am singing about the shape of you
Like Ed Shereen or 
Wondering how can moment last forever 
Just like Celine Dion
Knowing that my hips don't lie Like Shakira
Or shaking my Bon Bon
Like Ricky Martin
My gender doesn't matter
It doesn't matter 
That people stare at me
Wondering if I am high on anything
Or just plain cuckoo
But that doesn't matter
Cause I have no cares
For the world around me
It doesn't matter to me
I am immersed in my music
A maestro conducting
My grand orchestra 
Letting the lyrics 
Resonate through my being
Touch me, move me
Well me with emotions
Often letting me step to its beats
With a shuffle here, a shuffle there
A bit of hop, a bit of skip
A side step and a Susie Q
Kicks and flicks and leg extensions
I am a ballroom dancer 
A Latin dancer
Doing a Samba, a Salsa, a Cha Cha
The world doesn't matter to me
The music gives me rhythm
And my body moves to the rhythm
I am taken to a world
Where I am slow dancing With my love
Just us and the music
Serenading the love 
We have for each other
The love in our hearts
For these few moments 
I have no care for the world
I have a smile on my face
A song on tongue
Love in my heart
The pain I feel,
The tears I have wept
Have been swept away, dried away
Giving me a freedom
A feeling of soaring
Flying high, over the clouds
Over the rainbows
Way up high
And in these moments
The world as I know is forgotten
It is just me and my music

No comments: