Wednesday, July 05, 2017

Me: A Work In Progress

I am a work in progress
Constantly changing 
Constantly evolving 
Never truly satisfied 
With what I have achieved 

Don't get me wrong
I accept myself the way I am
With all the abilities
I have been blessed with
But I will always strive to be
Better than my best

It's not that I want to be perfect
I know that I can never be one
To me perfection is a myth
 But all i want is 
To be better than myself

The skills that I have been given
Was never meant to be salted
Never meant to be preserved
They were meant to be nurtured 
To be multiplied, to be grown

My life has never been perfect
In fact it is far from perfect
I'm a perfectly imperfect specimen 
A bit damaged, a bit broken
But I accept myself, my life 
The way I am, who I am

I accept the choices I've  made
Whether they have been
Right or wrong, good or bad
They have all taught me
Made me stronger
Moulders me and shaped me

I don't label myself
Based on my preferences
Based on who I choose to love
I may hurt or suffer heartbreaks
But I will always continue to love
Believe in the power of love
And hope for love

I may stumble and my fall 
But with every stumble
With every fall
I know I shall rise again
Cause every stumble and fall
Has something to teach me
And with each of them I have grown

I know I will never be complete
Cause life has so much to teach
And I will continue to learn
Till the day I die 

And even then 
There'll be something
For me to learn
I really don't know what
And I don't know how
But I shall learn 
A constant work in progress

No comments: